Sunday, January 15, 2017

Compassion and when the Virtue Leaves our Hands: The Healing Work Needed for BLACK Liberation to Actualize.




BLACK People… Those of us in Northern Amerikkka, those of us in Southern & Central Amerikkka, those of us in Europe, Oceania, Asia and those of us still on the mother continent of Alkebulan (Africa) from which we all originate—We who have original flowing through our veins; we are in need of miracle(s)…Just to psychologically break free from every chain clinching our necks, wrists, and ankles due to oppression… Impeding our various attempts at an all encompassing liberation. Quite frankly, we need individual and collective inward miracles just to have the vision, clarity, and determination to regain parts of our souls that have been lost: The Ancestral DNA  that we carry, and the weight and trauma of our current living on this planet… We need healing.

A similarity that I find throughout the various ethnicities and cultures of BLACKNESS throughout the planet; we seem to share similar internalization of the toxicity of oppression from colonialism & systematic oppression in nuance. Mostly from europeans of course, though NBPOC (Non-BLACK People of Color) have had their turns at oppressing various BLACK Peoples as well.

An example of NBPOC oppression? Right now as I type, the Indonesian colonization, genocide, & land grab of West Paupa and her beautiful indigenous BLACK/AFRICAN Peoples(Melanesians), has increased in its intensity. The world is silent, and the United Nations is culpable in many ways. I have been learning a lot about the West Papuan Freedom Struggle the past 50 years, firsthand from a Papuan; right now the situation is intensifying. To learn more about the West Papuan struggle, and how you can raise awareness/pressure on their behalf, please follow: @PurePapua  on Twitter. He is a BLACK Indigenous West Papuan, who has had family killed by this Indonesian Regime, and he is a frontline freedom fighter in their struggle. He can really detail to you more of what has happened, and what is happening still.

There is an increasing number of self aggrandizing scholarly BLACK Folk, who love to argue that BLACK struggle in Amerikkka cannot be compared for similarities; to that of other BLACK Peoples and Nations and Struggles throughout the globe. I repudiate that anyone could push this, but then I realize that some, no matter where they received their degrees, or what letters are behind their name; a good number have little experience &/or sensitivity to the people they claim expertise over. I also know some scholarly BLACK Folks who haven’t been many places/had many experiences, yet they still have the ability to see deeper and go deeper than many of their peers. Then I know some who have been places/had experiences, but were/are too arrogant to accept the truth of the people living right in front of them, in order to stay true to what they want to believe and put out into the world. Then there are the rare experienced, knowledgeable, and humble BLACK Scholars that are truly treasures… They not only know how to teach, they also know how to listen and relearn. They create newness where it is needed, and care about truth over career advancement or academic politics. They are radical thinkers and doers, motivated from a deep love.

So what’s the difference between these Four? Eurocentrized academia’s degree of hold on the psyche is the difference. Eurocentrized academia becomes the religion of some BLACK Scholars, and instead of learning it whilst still thinking for themselves; many resign to eurocentric thought as the highest truth, which leads to misinformation and visionless declarations for BLACK Communities…Why do those hinged to eurocentrized academia become the voices of our people? Because these type of BLACK Scholars speak in the language and accepted theories, that the oppressor falsely associates with intelligence and “good knee-growisms.” Also, many in our community use this same oppressive logic, as a bar of legitimacy—Associating seeming acceptance through these eurocentrized BLACK Scholars, with progress against systematic oppression, and rightful analysis about BLACK Communities.

BLACK Scholars who try to sell the idea that the reality of white supremacy, european colonization, and systematic oppression on BLACK People(s) isn’t intertwined globally; this is due to their eurocentrized theories that they have based their entire life in academia, and their own sense of self legitimacy around. Folks want money, prestige and will compromise in any way to get it. Some are afraid they’ll be blackballed or not get tenure if they go against the grain. I get it…Why it happens and why some feel pressured to compromise. Me getting “the why” does not make it any less prideful, and the wrong type of circular—It harms and stagnates not just them, but the community.

I have engaged folks who are so married to theories with gaping holes in them, and to their unbalanced ego; because they have based their come up and/or reputation around said theories—Things I can say with certainty, that were missing important pieces, or that were just dead ass wrong; since I am a person who had experienced said issue first hand. Pride won’t allow eurocentrized BLACK Scholars to admit they are wrong or hear anyone out; they want robotic yes people who blindly accept what they dish out. Too many folks who pride themselves on being scholarly are so colonized in their thinking, that I have seen many  turn their nose up at brilliant minds who did not go through their mode of education, or who do not (whether purposely or through not being acquainted) speak the current pop verbiage of the moment.

Being “in” with popular academic thought as the primary goal; this is detrimental to individual and collective soul health of BLACK Peoples. Often scholarly folks who are too afraid to even engage the people on a face to face, day to day basis; they are oft chosen as spokespeople for the people they study from afar which is problematic AF—This does not help at all. These same arrogant eurocentrized BLACK scholars come with their theories, and spread them as the voice and experience of the people they haven’t gotten to know. Instead of humbling themselves and asking the community if they would like to speak on their own behalf… Instead humbling themselves by allowing someone from the community who lives the experiences to be taken to speak their truth in various settings/venues when they receive the opportunity… Instead of humbling themselves by deferring to the lived expertise of the community members themselves; these eurocentrized BLACK scholars choose to mute truth in order to amplify ego… Their ego.

The weird and sadly comical thing is this; many others and myself have been institutionally educated as well. They are not the only ones, but they operate as if they are; especially if you think outside the box and refuse to be in a polygamous situation; by also being married to eurocentrized academia. 

Folks assume a lot… And you know what they say about assumptions. One of the worst presumptions I know of is this idiotic idea that those who weren’t institutionally educated, don’t know as much/not as intellectual as those who were; which is elitist and just plain ignorant! This colonized way of thinking is stifling to our collective growth and transcendence. There are so many ways to become educated, scholarly, intellectually fluid. And do not mistake my purpose in saying all of this, and miss what I am purposely chiseling away at… Reading and study is crucial for ALL of our people. What I am attacking is snobbery and eurocentrized thought being applied to Pan-African problems as the goto refuge. I am challenging how we think, how we see one another, how we receive information and apply that information to our communities… I am encouraging and doing my part to break the fallow ground in our individual and collective subconscious, so that we can begin to plant seeds that will grow into healing plants… Healing, yes healing.

I’ve mentioned to you a few times that I am a healer and warrioress, but how so? Well, for me it means that my hands warm up like a space heater at times… When this happens I can touch folks and they physically, emotionally, and/or spiritually realign/release what is weighing them down. For me, healing also means that I serve people… Aiding them holistically… From physical to spiritual needs; seeing what they need even if they don’t know how to ask. For me healing also means that I intercede on behalf of others, tap into SPIRIT so holy, and be a conduit willing to send more of what is needed; even from far away. For me, healing also means healing myself, recharging myself, loving myself…Taking time to introspect and clean up myself, so that I can be of service to others and become a better human. Healing, no matter in which way it must be done or needs to come through; healing means listening and healing means compassion.

I remember reading about Yeshua’s compassion and miracles. I don’t think there was one miracle that is written about that he was not first moved by compassion. “And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue(power) out of him, and healed them all.” This is so powerful and relatable to me.Think about it! Perhaps you are a healer and can relate to how you feel, energy wise, after you have given of that purified energy within you. Imagine having so much compassion in you, not contrived, not turned on or off, but just a state of being where people could be affected for the good; just by being in your presence, or by shaking your hand. I know this is possible, because there are folks who do have that affect on people… Even when they are not popular or even liked by some.

Stubbornly religious folks don’t like me, and maybe that is how it should be… I’m a very unorthodox, and high Truth as it is revealed to me, is a continual happening in my life—I am forever learning and know so little; continually relearning and sometimes it is a bit nerve racking… Expanding… Growing…Evolving. Moving in and being open to SPIRIT is my main rule.

Some of the work I do in my community makes me sometimes have to be around a lot of Western Christians, who happen to have zero tolerance for folks unlike themselves. Sometimes it makes me want to quit, and maybe I will reassign myself one day soon from this one area I am involved when the time is right *smile*, but first let me tell you what they hate most about me: They see Light in me, they see how I deal with folks in our community and the patience I exude…This bothers them because I am not of their grouping… I am not good enough in their eyes. No discernment, just petty assumptions.

I’ve witnessed them showing nasty attitudes with folks we are serving, and bringing those “churchy attitudes” into the space…You know the attitudes not of SPIRIT that make people feel unwelcome and unloved… Detrimental type shit, yeah that. I’ve overheard them whispering about whether I was a Muslim because I’m always wearing head wraps…What African Women don’t wear head wraps? *rolls eyes* Just really ignorant ass Ohio stuff. We have some really willfully ignorant people here… The kind that think protest is violent and hateful and against Dr. King, and that speaking out against tyranny is violent…Ugh! Folks who think radical, and the fact that I am so, is some sort of sin. It’s kinda depressing living here…For real. And by the way, If I were Muslimah, I’d be proud to be and should feel welcome in a space where we’re SERVING and building the community, right? My community has so many different BLACK cultures, yet the ignorance is sky high… It’s baffling. And let’s not even talk about how they have already chased away some Muslims who used to come out to serve and build. Yeshua was not like this, but these particular Christians ( p.s. I actually do know some very nice & spiritual Christians by the way) swear they are the only ones who can represent Him *blank stare* SMDH!  Truth be told, all of these religions out here… So far away from the original teachings…Who told any of us to form religions? Spirituality is a way of life, religion is a way of stagnation. I wonder, when did human rules become sins to the CREATOR? 🤔

These particular folks see how people I have never met are drawn to me, and they think that shouldn’t be because I don’t speak their brand of verbiage and religiosity. I live my Spirituality; I don’t turn it off and on like a light switch. Some of these particular folks just watch me with nasty looks on their faces, while my light and healing vibe continue to exude, ‘cause I ain’t no punk, nor am I shook. Truthfully though, sometimes it does bother me, because I am quietly doing my part and folks are so hateful. I have feelings; I’m not made of stone. I guess I’m a stumbling block to certain types of people. Let’s be honest: I’m blunt AF, I speak truths no one sleep walking wants to hear, I am different, I have gifts/talents, I’m cute, I’m intelligent, I’m confident and hold me head up high…I have a low tolerance for bullshit, I don’t conform to the crowd or groupthink, I don’t brown nose or pretend to like folks that I don’t… I’m a nightmare for most people, I get it…LMAO. And of all my beautiful qualities that I didn’t name, these qualities that I did name are stumbling blocks…Even when I am not saying a word… Go figure!

Thing is, I have confronted some folks who treat me bad, asking them if I have done anything to offend them because I truly am ready to listen. They always say no, yet still treat me like shit. Can y’all explain that…What is that?  Ok, yes, I speak my mind plainly but I also listen. Anyone who has a problem with me can come to me; I’d be happy to hear and amend where necessary. Thing is, no one ever does… Like ever. I look at myself anyway, sometimes too much…. Rehearsing what I did, what I said, if I was wrong…If I see I misstepped, I’ll be the first to admit and amend. I would say I am bothered by folks unexplained vitriol like 8% of the time, but for the other 92% of the time, my Libra Instinct kicks in and I just be straight peaceful in “I don’t give a fuck land.” It’s not that I don’t care about folks, because I’m filled with compassion… Its just that I know my place, I know that kicking up fallow ground is part of who I am, I know most won’t like me all of the time…So, I just bask in the calm assurance that I am comforted with, when I know I have indeed done/been what I am supposed to be/do. Whenever I am out of line in some way, I can’t rest until I make things right.

So, yes I get under the skin of certain types of people; it’s supposed to be…The Universe uses so many things including people, to help us see things about ourselves. Being so sensitive to energy, I pick up on every negative energetic dart anyone attempts to send my way; every single one, both online and offline…Near or far. You don’t have to be anywhere near me for me to know you are trying to send bad intention my way, which is a blessing so that I can protect myself, and I always do😉. Protect and replenish is essential repetition in the life of healers

Having negative energy sent toward me that I have to continually block, whilst trying to listen inwardly so I might attend to people the right way…It’s daunting. These particular folks I mentioned previous from my community are BLACK People, by the way. This situation is a very good example of what we need to amend in our communities, in order to truly get a grasp on a more all encompassing liberation. Imagine if others and myself felt compassion from them, instead of fear and vitriol and snootiness… We’d be unstoppable.

Compassion… It is impossible to make anything authentic happen without it. We can’t be used for the betterment of our communities without true compassion. Compassion is an empathetic love, that facilitates miracles and the desire to heal and be healed. Compassion is that juice… That virtue (power)… That purified energy that is moving from SPIRIT into us to do great works, so that we can meet the needs of the people and ourselves. Compassion equips us in ways we didn’t think we were able, and it gives us Divine understanding into things that affect the lives of others in our community. It’s is the key to a unity that will undoubtedly link us from soul to soul… It will open us up to current conversations of the Ancestors, and humble us all at the same time. What would be impossible for us if we all developed compassion? I dare say nothing!

So how does one develop compassion? You have to want to be a being who wants to begin the journey of being better in every way… This means tapping into SPIRIT. We all need to tap into that speck of THE ONE, THE CREATOR that we all are…Using that speck to guide us to rays; thereby opening up clearer and clearer channels of knowing and guidance.

Something most folks don’t know about me is that a long time ago, I spent a lot of time in solitude and seclusion; tapping into THE ALL THAT IS. This initial tapping in initiated and has led my journey these last almost 14 years. Every level of revelation comes with tests…Unbelievably hard, tiresome; yet awesome. Sometimes I am in awe that I am still here and sound. Tests also come with miracles that deliver to safety when they subside. The compassion and virtue continue to become more and more strengthened, as inward growth inside of us marches onward. Our suffering and tough cultivating experiences ironically empower us to help others from a pure place, and ourselves when its time.

All of this happens according to our life path, Ori(destiny), and work we must accomplish while in this realm of things, in this form. I don’t know what to say if you are not at all spiritual, and think what I am saying is crazy—Just know that you are still welcome here. I could never deny what I have seen and experienced. I can’t pretend I have not been touched by the Divine; remembrance. I cannot pretend that being introduced and accepting of Yeshua has not been dope for me, and because the reality of Him that I have come to know and love, is not the reality of the expression most claim; I can’t along go with popular thought on the subject. I cannot pretend that I haven’t had dreams, open visions, and visitations. I cannot pretend I can’t see past the physical, and tap into divine messages. I cannot pretend I do not understand the Orisha and other Beings… I cannot pretend that Ha Moedim (The Appointed Times) don’t keep me steady and in tune… SPIRIT, she…Yes SHE is all encompassing and I am one with HER. I cannot pretend that THE MOST HIGH is all masculine, when I know THE MOST HIGH is also all feminine. And none of this…NONE OF THIS AT ALL IS A CONTRADICTION. There are no contradictions in the bottomless.

Without my journey being as it has been, I don’t think I would be as developed in my compassion… I don’t think the virtue would leave my hands when it needs to do so. I don’t think I’d be moved to see people and nurture their right now and long term needs. I don’t think I’d be sensitive to peoples pain and suffering. I had to be humbled, and I had to want to be better than I was… I was put in many cultivating experiences to make that happen, and authenticate compassion in me; I can really take no credit but to say… I am still willing, growing, evolving, learning. 

I have to choose everyday… Choose to listen and obey what I know I should do, even when I don’t want to do it. I stumble over my self sometimes, but I get back up. I had to learn and still continue to learn discipline and determination… I get weary, I get fed up with folks and myself; sometimes I need to be and sometimes not. 

So the best way that I can ascertain thus far; to unify and liberate our people on every level… Folks gotta be willing to begin the journey of glowing up from the inside. The Universe will set each person up with everything/experience needed to truly be internally golden, and begin the life long journey of self mastery and betterment. The more we become beings of Light, the more compassion will be in us, so that when we see our brother or sister; we won’t see them with the same eyes we once did…We will be able to have that empathizing love, that virtue(power) emulating from us in such a way that our very presence heals, in every way, everything that needs to be transformed. We are our own liberation if we will do the work inside ourselves to be miracles to our people… It’s time.

In Unashamed Négritude & Revolutionary Love,



ORIT

Copyright © ORIT 2017

All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment